🇺🇸 Carla Hanson new President of the International Association for the Development of Apnea
Sportalsub.net / AIDA International – Leer en Español
On December 19, was the last meeting 2015 of the Board of the International Association for the Development of Apnea AIDA. Carla Hanson from US which was elected the new President of this important global sports organization of freediving. Hanson was previously an outstanding freediving and International Judge and was previously Secretary of AIDA International and replace in presidency the Finnish Kimmo Lahtinen who had led the organization since January 2010.
It is the first time in 23 years created the AIDA International, the organization will be headed by a woman and someone non-European.
The results of the Aida Board elections were announced. The following persons were chosen to represent Aida 2016-2018:
- President: Carla Sue Hanson
- Vice-President: Mario Zuzic (one- year term)
- Technical Officer: Antero Joki(re-elected)
- Education Officer: Jean-Pol Francois (re-elected)
- The vacated secretary position will be open for candidates in January.
AIDA International December 2015 Board Meeting Notes
More info: AIDA International